Passengers travelling on boats of the Lake Zurich Navigation Company (ZSG) are required to pay a surcharge of CHF 5. The surcharge applies to all scheduled routes on Lake Zurich, Lake Obersee and also the River Limmat. “Dream Cruises” (except Sunset Cruise, Sommer-Brunch Cruise and Santa Claus Cruise) are excluded from the surcharge.
The ZSG is a partner within the Zurich Public Transport Association (ZVV), and therefore integrated into the Association’s fare system. As a result, passengers benefit from lower fares – much lower than on other Swiss lakes. As part of the Zurich cantonal government’s cost-efficiency programme, the ticket surcharge has been introduced with the aim of improving the low cost-recovery ratio of the ZSG.
On boats operated by the Lake Zurich Navigation Company paying passengers are also required to pay a surcharge of CHF 5 (no reduction for children, GA travelcard, Half-Fare travelcard, ZürichCARD etc.).
- Children aged up to 6 years
- accompanied children with a Junior travelcard or Children’s Co-travelcard
- non-fare paying passengers in groups
- persons who travel free of charge due to a Disabled passenger’s ID Card according to tariff 600.4
- Bicycles and dogs
The surcharge is valid for one calendar day and covers all scheduled ZSG routes.
The surcharge ticket can be purchased via the following channels:
- Ticket Office at Zürich Bürkliplatz and on board all ZSG boats
- Tourist information Rapperswil Zürichsee in Rapperswil and Zurich main station
- ZVV/SBB ticket machines and counters
- SBB shop (online, mobile)
- ZVV Ticket-App
- Via SMS (SMS ZSG-SZ to 988 - billing via telephone invoice)
|ZSG surcharge ticket (one calendar day)||CHF 5|
|Multi-Ticket Card (6 journeys with 10% reduction)||CHF 27|
|Monthly Card (adults)||CHF 25|
|Annual Card (adults)*||CHF 150|
|Monthly Card (juniors, 6-25 years)||CHF 15|
|Annual Card (juniors, 6-25 years)*||CHF 90|
*only available at the SBB and ZVV points-of-sale
ZSG passengers will be informed at the Bürkliplatz and Werft ticket offices as well as by recorded on-board loudspeaker announcements that a surcharge ticket is required.